Too many families in the King Country and central North Island live in cold, damp houses.
Some families struggle to heat their homes or put energy saving measures in place. We aim to do something about it.
Maru is a not-for-profit charitable trust, established in August 2018 by The Lines Company.
Working alongside our community, we will put in place practical initiatives to help homes become warmer, drier, healthier and ultimately use less energy.
Over time, we aim to:
- Work with the community to appraise homes
- Help educate people on ways to keep homes warm
- Provide educational materials and practical tips
- Help with insulation
- Support community initiatives, like curtain banks
- Help our community tap into funding sources